for custom specifications and pricing
and Services » Catalogue
Water Solutions offers professional products such as Clack, Fleck and Autotrol.
These are available in Cabinet, Two-Tank and Alternating Twin styles. Controller
options include Time Clock, Metered Mechanical and Metered Microprocessor. Ranging
in size from residential to commercial, we can provide the equipment to solve your
hard water problems.
WHY SHOULD I SOFTEN THE WATER?
Hard water produces scale. Scale not only leaves deposits on the dishes where you
can see it, but on everything else the water touches. The scale accumulates in the
plumbing, hot water tank, dishwasher, etc. making these appliances less efficient
and shortening their lifespan.
» Clothes washed in soft water come out softer, cleaner, whiter and
brighter. Without the abrasive hardness minerals, the fabrics will last longer.
» Dishes dry spot-free and glasses will not turn gray from the hardness film.
» Your hair and skin will feel noticeably cleaner, softer and not as
dry. There will be no soap scum or mineral deposits to clean off sinks, showers
SAVE ON SOAP??? YES. AND MUCH MORE.
When water is hard, more soap is required to develop a lather. Soft water lathers with
just a drop of soap.
The soft water produced by the water softener makes appliances more efficient because
they will no longer fill up with scale. (That scale coats the heating electrodes,
insulating them, and they must burn hotter and longer to work. The scale is abrasive and
will wear on the mechanical components in the dishwasher, clothes washer, etc.)
You can use up to 70% less soap AND extend the useful life of water-filled appliances
by as much as 30% AND increase the life of clothing, towels and linens up to 33% AND
increase the efficiency of the hot water heater!
CAN SALT ENTER MY DRINKING WATER?
Salt's sole purpose is to regenerate the resin that removes the hardness from your
water. This process does not make your water taste salty or significantly increase your
sodium intake (for those who can not have ANY sodium, another form of salt is
All water starts out as soft water. But as it falls through the atmosphere and filters
through rocks and soil, it picks up invisible minerals. Calcium and magnesium are the
culprits that make your water hard.
The phrase "hard water" was coined to describe water that was hard to use. Clothes
and washing machines wear out faster. Dishes and bathroom fixtures show the visible
film that the hardness leaves behind. Mineral buildup can cause damage to water heaters
and plumbing. The film residue can leave your hair looking dull and can dry out your
skin. It can make shaving more difficult. More soap is required to overcome the effects
of hard water.
A water softener consists of three major components: a mineral tank with ion exchange
resin, a brine tank for producing regeneration solution and a control valve which
governs the operation of the system.
Hard water enters the mineral tank of cationic resin where calcium and magnesium, the
hardness minerals, are attached to the resin and replaced by sodium (or potassium) ions.
When the resin's capacity becomes depleted, a regeneration cycle is initiated by the
During regeneration, backwashing cleans the resin bed. The brine solution is then drawn
from the brine tank and run through the resin bed. This recharges the bed by replacing
the sodium ions and flushing out the collected hardness minerals. The hardness minerals,
along with the brine solution are expelled down the drain.
A final rapid rinse readies the bed to soften water again and the appropriate volume
of water is returned to the brine tank to dissolve enough salt for the next
All functions are performed automatically.
||Grains per Gallon
||mg/l or PPM
||1.0 - 3.5
||17.1 - 60
||3.5 - 7.0
||60 - 120
||7.0 - 10.5
||120 - 180
Generally speaking, a water softener should be considered when the hardness is in the
"moderately hard" range or higher (5 grains or more).
- Microprocessor metered unit.
- Solid state microprocessor with easy access front panel settings.
- Demand (usage) regeneration PLUS calendar (time clock) override regeneration.
- Three modes of operation meter immediate, meter delayed, or time clock delayed.
- Double backwash ability, offers optimum regeneration, efficiency and cleaning ability.
- Days override feature 1 - 28 days available.
- Downflow or upflow regeneration.
- Stores system configuration and operation data in non-volatile memory.
- Capacitor back-up with two hour power carry over.
- 12-volt transformer provides safe and easy installation.
- Control valve design provides optimum service and backwash rates.
- Rust and corrosion free valve. Noryl construction.
- Treated water regenerant refill.
- Modular design with no screws to lose.
- Selectable regeneration cycle sequence (up to 9 cycles).
- Fully adjustable regeneration cycle times.
- Monitors salt usage and signals when salt level is low.
- Safety brine valve doubles your protection against brine tank overflows.
- Controls easily set to initiate regeneration.
- Zero defects manufacturing process.
- All components meet or exceed UL, FDA and NSF compliance.
- Removes or reduces ferrous iron up to 2.0 ppm.
- Lower installation cost because of bypass package.
- Twin tank design to prevent frequent loading of brine tank.
- Can be used with standard softener salt or potassium chloride.
- Cleaner, softer, smoother skin
- Shiny, silkier hair
- Softer, fresher laundry
- Sparkling, dishes and glassware
- Increased hot water system and appliance efficiency by the elimination of hard scale
- Elimination of soap curd in bath tub
- Savings on soap and detergent costs.
Water testing and other sizing specifications are required.
ACCESSORIES and REPLACEMENT PARTS
- Weather Cover, Service Wrench, Carbon filters, Spin-Down and Sediment Trapper filters,
Drinking Water filters, Reverse Osmosis filters
- Contact Us
for custom specifications and pricing